The project being our humble contribution is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War. This story is not related directly to the actions of the victorious Red Army, but tells about the labor of people after the liberation from the Nazis regime. Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ) was founded in August 1944, a month after the liberation of the city, when the whole Minsk was ruined to the ground. Already in November 1947 using technical documentation and direct technical support from the Yaroslavl Motor Plant (YaMZ) the first five MAZ-205 trucks were produced. Gradually, the entire production of Yaroslavl Motor Plant biaxial (full) hoppers, open lorries, tractors were moved to Minsk. In 1951 the plant has produced 25,000 cars against 15,000 planned. MAZ became the basis for post-war renewal and reconstruction in all parts of the Soviet Union. It still remains the symbol of the present day Belarus.
We are strongly convinced that the industrial design is one of the components of the cultural heritage. The project embodies the combined image of the classic Soviet truck and American hot rod culture of the 20th century. The project was implemented by Belarusian engineers and mechanics under the supervision of Yuri Shif, with American and European details and accessories for the customer from Moscow.
Donor truck MAZ-502, the 1962 year model (4×4 full drive version) was discovered in a small Belarussian village. The studio bought it in 2008 without any specific plans. Chevrolet Suburban GMT 400 version 7.4 liters served as units and components donor.
Work on the project began in 2012. Highly qualified specialists from the automotive industry were involved into the implementation of the project together the workshop staff.
To meet the requirements of safe operation of hot rod running gear we used serial details and accessories certified by automotive manufacturers, the details and accessories with proved characteristics that provide the necessary handling, stability and braking performance.